May I pick up my diploma on campus?

No. Diplomas are not available for pick up. They are shipped to the Diploma Mailing Address in WebSTAC. If you have a special circumstance that prevents the diploma from being successfully delivered to you, contact us at

How do I add/update my Diploma Mailing Address?

The Office of the University Registrar begins placing diploma orders immediately after degree conferral. Address changes at this time are not allowed. 

When will I receive my diploma?

Diplomas are ordered through our vendor after degrees post to your academic record. Due to high volume, processing takes three to four weeks.

Diplomas are shipped by the United States Postal Service.

An email from will be sent to your WUSTL email address with tracking information once the diploma ships.

I am moving, what address do I use for shipping my diploma?

The diploma will ship to the Diploma Mailing Address in WebSTAC. If you foresee an issue with the diploma shipment, you are to contact USPS as soon as you receive the shipment notification from to make alternate arrangements. When you contact USPS, provide them your shipment tracking number for further assistance.

Call: 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8 AM – 8:30 PM ET
Saturday 8 AM – 6 PM ET

Can you ship my diploma internationally?

Yes. We ship many international diplomas successfully. However, in recent years there has been a significant increase in delayed or not delivered diplomas to Eastern Asian countries. We strongly recommend graduates in Eastern Asian countries obtain approval from a trusted friend or family member in the United States, then enter their U.S. address as the Diploma Mailing Address in WebSTAC.

How do I track my diploma delivery?

Once diplomas ship from our vendor, a message will be sent to your WUSTL Email confirming delivery. This email will contain your unique USPS Tracking Number.

For International Shipments: USPS tracking numbers become invalid once a package is accepted by your country’s mail provider. USPS nor our office can provide location assistance once the diploma leaves the United States.

My diploma arrived damaged, what can I do?

Submit a request for replacement to You must include a statement of how/why the diploma is damaged and photo evidence of the damage. We review each request on a case-by-case basis. We will only offer complimentary replacement for substantially damaged diplomas only.

USPS nor our office is responsible for packages damaged due to weather. Pay attention to weather conditions during your diploma delivery window. Failure to retrieve a diploma timely due to exposure to elements will not be replaced.

What name will be printed on my diploma?

The name that you enter in the Intent to Graduate is printed on the diploma. The university considers the diploma to be a ceremonial document and allows the graduate to request a familiar or preferred first name be used on their diploma in lieu of their name of record. The last name of record must appear on the diploma. Please note that in some situations the diploma may need to be used as a legal document and the name appearing on the diploma must match other legal documents in your possession.

What is printed on the diploma?

Diplomas for the six original degrees conferred by Washington University (Artium Baccalaurei, Artium Magistri, Philosophiae Doctoris, Legum Magistri, Juris Scientiae Doctoris and Medicinae Doctoris) are written in Latin. All other Washington University degrees and diplomas are written in English. Diplomas are signed by the administration of Washington University and contains an embossed seal. It lists the student’s name, the official title of the degree, and the date of conferral.

My diploma is printed in Latin, can I request one in English?

No. Latin diplomas cannot be reissued in English. English translations of Latin diplomas are available online and upon request.

What date appears on my diploma?

Degree dates are based on the last day of final exams for each term. View the University Academic Calendars on our website.

I completed a second major. Do I earn two diplomas?

No. A major is your area of study. Therefore, double major graduates will receive one diploma with the primary degree title printed on the diploma.

An Official University Transcript will reflect all earned majors, minors, certificates, and awards.

Do Latin honors appear on diplomas?

Yes. Latin honors are awarded to undergraduates and School of Law JD graduates. This distinction is printed beneath the official title of the degree. The three Latin honors are Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude, and Cum Laude.

What size is the diploma?

Paper diplomas are 11” x 8.5” in landscape orientation.

Where can I purchase a frame for my diploma?

Official University Diploma frames are available for purchase through the Campus Bookstore.

May I make copies of my diploma?

No. The diploma is an official document issued to graduates by the University. Reproduction of the diploma is strictly prohibited. Alumni may purchase additional diplomas by downloading the Replacement Request Form (PDF) and mail it, along with payment, to the Office of the University Registrar.  A handwritten signature must be on the form.

Will my diploma be ordered if I have a hold on my account?

Yes. We do not withhold diplomas from graduates with a hold on their account. However, official university transcripts cannot be processed until the hold is removed.

I need proof of graduation for visa or employer purposes – how can I get my diploma sooner?

Since diplomas are printed by our trusted vendor, we cannot expedite your diploma shipment. There are four other options that may work for your situation.

  1. If you need documentation before your degree posts to your academic record, contact your school’s Student Services Team to request a letter of degree or program completion.
  2. Print an on-demand degree and enrollment verification in WebSTAC. Log in to WebSTAC, select Academics from the main toolbar, then Verification from the drop-down menu, and proceed as instructed.
  3. Download the student verification request form (PDF) and mail, email, or fax the completed form to the Office of the University Registrar. A handwritten signature must be on the form. Verification request forms are generally processed within two business days, however can take up to 7 business days following graduation.
  4. Graduates are issued a certified electronic diploma (CeDiD) which is an official, secure and verifiable PDF version of your accomplishment. This can be used until the paper diploma arrives. Simply provide your employer the 12-digit CeDiD code. The CeDiD allows for instant proof of your accomplishment using Washington University in St. Louis’ Validation Services.
Where do I learn more about University Commencement and Recognition Ceremonies?

Please visit the University Commencement website.

Who do I contact if I have other questions or concerns?

Please contact us at