Washington University has various policies and procedures which are important to the life of the community and to each individual community member.
Our student body and our programs of study are both very diverse. The ways in which we interact with each other, with the university community both in and out of the classroom, and with the greater communities around us are equally varied. Understanding that context and the respect it demands of us is the foundation to our integrity and our strength. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the rights, responsibilities, procedures and related information outlined in the key policies linked below. Policies may be amended as necessary throughout the year.
Student Records & Academic Integrity
- Educational Rights and Privacy (FERPA)
- University Student Judicial Code
- Undergraduate Student Academic Integrity Policy
- Academic and Professional Integrity Policy for Graduate Students in Arts & Sciences
- Academic Integrity Policy for Students in Engineering and Applied Science
- Academic Integrity Policy for Graduate Students in Architecture and Urban Design
- The School of Law Honor Code
- Policies and Procedures for Students in the School of Medicine
- The Brown School Student Handbook
- Graduate Business Student Code of Professional Conduct and MBA Honor Code
- University College and Summer School Statement on Academic Integrity
- Non-Discrimination Statement
- Policy on Discrimination and Harassment
- University Sexual Assault Investigative Board (USAIB)
- Demonstrations & Disruption Policy
- Drug & Alcohol Policy
- Tobacco-Free Policy
- Controlled Substances Uses and Effects (pdf)
- Federal Trafficking Penalties (pdf)
- WU Ombudspersons
School Registration Policies
Students should contact the student services area in their school or program office for specific registration procedures and information.
Additional University Policies
Read additional policies, procedures and guidelines available to assist university students, faculty and administrators and members of the general public.