Washington University in St. Louis values the diversity of its student body, which adds complexity to student learning and the student experience.
Spring 2022 10th Week
Washington University in St. Louis continues to enroll fairly equal numbers of women and men. These percentages hold true for both undergraduate and graduate student populations.
- 8,627 women enrolled, 53% of the student population
- 7,617 men enrolled, 47% of the student population
Nearly 50% of WashU students identify with a non-white ethnic or racial group or international population.
Among those students reporting racial and ethnic affiliations (noting that students are able to report an affiliation with more than one group):
- 8.59% are Hispanic or Latino
- 1.16% are American Indian or Alaska Native
- 38.02% are Asian
- 10.24% are Black or African American
- 0.48% are Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- 43.67% of our students are White and not multiracial
- (5.74% are unreported)
International student enrollment is now 25.47% of our total enrollment.
Additional institutional data, including student diversity, is published in collaboration with the Office of the Provost and the Director of Institutional Research and Analysis.